The year one students were working on a UOI that talked about rights and responsibilities. Along with the teachers we decided to have the students create an iBook using iBook Author. I knew the students would not have been ready to use the iBooks Author software, so I had them do their work in Pages. Each group of 2 or three students worked together in Pages, taking turns writing.
- Write sentences that explain one right and one responsibility for different areas in the school and at home. [In class]
- Learn how to use Pages (Titles, font family, font size, font color, etc.) [in ICT lab]
- Make drawings that illustrate their sentences. [in class]
- Write/Copy sentences into pages [in ICT lab]
- Scan drawings onto server [Teachers]
- Insert image into pages (not all were able to do this step) [in ICT Lab]
- Combine all Pages documents and create iBook with iBook author [Teacher]